This course picks up where we left off in the basic aniaml tracking course. It will increase your awareness of, and ablity to find and interpret, tracks and sign left behind by addisional mammals, insects, birds and more. Students will need to be prepared to be outside both days.
With a mix of classroom presentation and field trips, topics covered will include:
- Track measurements
- Foot morphology
- Aging tracks
- Family, Genus or Species identification from footprints
- Animal sign such as scat, rubbing, scratching, bites, beds, territory making, etc.
- Gait patterns - and exploration of animal movement
- Introduction to trailing
We will split the time between professional classroom powerpoint presentations and going outside to see animal tracks and sign in their natural environment. Be prepared to walk a mile or two off trail each day. With the class size limited to 9, you will have plenty of one-on-one time with the instructor. Lodging and meals not provided, but local camping areas and hotel information will be provided upon registration.
- Target Audience: Hikers, Hunters, Outdoor Enthusiasts, YOU
- Minors must have a paying adult accompany them
- Class Time: Class will start at 9am on Saturday and end at 4pm on Sunday
- Required equipment: outdoor clothing appropriate for the weather
- Course Fee: $160
- NEXT CLASS: July 23 - 24, 2016 in Christiansburg, Virginia
Pay for your July 23 - 24, 2016 Course now
Intermediate Animal Tracking
- otter tracks