Explore further the ancient skill of visually tracking humans (aka man-tracking). This course will dive deeper in to the skills necessary to precisely detect human tracks and sign. We will also incorporate signcutting strategies into trailing a person.
- Learn and practice Point Last Seen (PLS) approach tactics
- Refine your ability to accurately detect and interpret tracks and sign
- Discover similarities and distinctions between animal and human tracks
Professionally presented classroom sessions will be followed by the majority of the time spent outside putting the concepts you learn to use. We will have a good time while exploring and practicing methodical signcutting tactics, more night tracking and contaminated location scenarios. This is not an entry level class, and students should have prior tracking training, though not necessarily from this school.
Most of the class will be spent outside, and some at night, so bring appropriate clothing. With the class size limited to 10, you will have plenty of one-on-one time with the instructor. Lodging and meals not provided, but local camping areas and hotel information will be provided upon request or registration.
- Target Audience: S.A.R. volunteers, L.E. professionals, military operators, land owners, Outdoor Enthusiasts, you
- Class Time: Course will start at 9am on Saturday and end at 4pm on Sunday
- Required equipment: measuring tape, notebook, flashlights, outdoor clothing (camera optional)
- Course Fee: $160
- NEXT CLASS: September 10-11, 2016 in Christiansburg, Virginia
Pay for your September 10-11, 2016 Course now
Intermediate Human Tracking