We will pick up where we left off in the Basic Land Navigation class. After a classroom review, the majority of the two-day course will be spent outside with practical field exercises to improve your ability to use topographic maps in conjunction with a compass. The combination of these resources and the skills taught in this course will give you a confident boost in your navigational skills regardless of the reasons you might find yourself off-trail.
- Use compass to determine and plot bearing or azimuth on a map
- Section / resection & triangulation
- Plotting MGRS / USNG / UTM coordinates
- Route planning and execution by ded reckoning and terrain association
- Day & Night Land Navigation exercises
The majority of class time is spent outside putting to use the concepts you learn in professionally presented classroom sessions. We will have a good time while practicing map and compass techniques for navigating accurately on and off-trail.
- Target Audience: S.A.R. volunteers, Military operators (O.C.S., W.O.C.S., SFAS and other elite forces selection candidates, Law Enforcement professionals, Outdoor Enthusiasts, Hunters, you
- Class Time : Course will start at 9am on Saturday and end at 4pm on Sunday
- Required material: Flashlight, outdoor clothing (compass & grid plotter optional) Eye protection recommended for night navigation
- Course Fee: $160
- NEXT CLASS: April 9-10, 2016 in Christiansburg, Virginia
Pay for your April 9 - 10, 2016 Course now
Intermediate Land Navigation